Are you passionate about making a difference? Join the SafeCare BC team and have a positive impact on health care workers across the province! SafeCare BC is a non-profit health and safety association for the continuing care sector in British Columbia. Our mandate is to reduce injuries among long term care and home support workers by providing education, training, and resources across the province. See below for a list of current vacancies.
The Programs Manager is responsible for the overall execution of SafeCare BC’s programs and initiatives and ensuring that SafeCare BC’s members receive safety advice to enhance their occupational health and safety program.
• Oversee the success of SafeCare BC’s education, training, and awareness initiatives.
▪ Specifically, by:
- Providing on-site and off-site assistance related to data collection
- Conducting post-initiative interviews, focus groups, and observations
- Creating and implementing surveys
• Share and disseminate findings from evaluation work, including:
- Writing reports, both for internal audiences and external audiences (e.g. peer-reviewed publications, blog posts, funder reports, etc.)
• Conduct site visits at member organizations to determine compliance with provincial regulations to prevent and reduce the risk of workplace injuries
• Conduct training on an as-needed basis
• Provide customized gap analyses for employer health and safety programs to identify areas for improvement
• Support accident investigation processes and provide recommendations to address incident causes where necessary
• Recommend appropriate procedures and equipment for safety and compliance with relevant laws and regulations
• Positively represent SafeCare BC
• Previous professional experience within the healthcare/continuing care sector
• Excellent working knowledge of provincial Health and Safety Regulations and a willingness to keep up with new developments
• Drivers licence and access to a vehicle to allow for regular travel throughout the province
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
What SafeCare BC Offers:
• $50,000 – $55,000/year depending on experience
• SafeCare BC employee health benefit plan
• Professional development and education reimbursement
• Alternate work week arrangements for maintaining work/life balance
• A great team atmosphere and contemporary work environment
Interested applicants are asked to send their resume to email@example.com. In lieu of a cover letter, applicants are asked to send a 1-page written submission describing what makes a good occupational health and safety program.
Application Closing Date: February 23, 2018
Start Date: March 2018