Are you passionate about making a difference? Join the SafeCare BC team and have a positive impact on health care workers across the province! SafeCare BC is a non-profit health and safety association for the continuing care sector in British Columbia. Our mandate is to reduce injuries among long term care and home support workers by providing education, training, and resources across the province. See below for a list of current vacancies.
Executive and Board Secretariat
The Executive and Board Secretariat provides senior administrative and project coordination support of a highly confidential nature to the CEO and the Board of Directors of the BC Care Providers Association (BCCPA) and SafeCare BC.
The Executive and Board Secretariat will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
The Executive and Board Secretariat reports directly to the Director of Events and Administration but interacts administratively with all other personnel. Must be able to collaborate and effectively communicate with government MLAs, political and public service staff, members, contractors, and all other key personnel. The required candidate will be extremely organized and must be able to perform under pressure.
• Provides executive support to the BCCPA Chief Executive Officer and the Executive Director for SafeCare BC
• Manage executive calendars and book travel
• Coordinate and prepare meeting packages for various the boards and committees for both BCCPA and SafeCare BC
• Confirm quorum and meeting attendance
• Coordinate Board annual meeting calendar & director term status
• Record minutes and distribute in a timely manner
• Manage and prepare for annual general meetings
• Prepare written correspondence (internal/external) and manage external stakeholder relations
• Respond to email, phone and written inquiries on behalf of the CEO
• Work closely with the senior management team to help deliver on key strategic plan priorities
• Coordinate and attend meetings with Ministry of Health, Health Authorities and other key sector stakeholders
• Provide support for key events such as the BCCPA Annual Conference and the Care to Chat series.
Start date is January 2018.
Other: Full-time + comprehensive benefit package