March 6 – 10 is Road Safety at Work Week! Be a part of Road Safety At Work Week by learning more about your responsibilities to employees who drive their own vehicles for work. You will be contributing to a safer workplace and safer roads for all British Columbians. Here’s how to participate:
- Take action on a road safety issue
- Identify a road safety issue (or two or three) you want to address and develop an improvement plan that you can work on over the year. Check out How to Build a Road Safety Plan and Tool Kits for inspiration and guidance.
- Talk to your employees
- Every day during the week of March 6 – 10, choose a point from Driving Your Own Vehicle for Work and share it with your employees.
- During the Week, make your safety meetings and tailgate meetings all about road safety. Ask employees to share their experiences with driving for work.
- Display and distribute the Road Safety At Work Week poster
- Print a copy of the Road Safety At Work Week poster and/or infographic and place it in your lobby, lunchroom or other high-traffic area before the campaign launch date to help create awareness.
- Email a copy of the posterand/or infographic to your co-workers and ask them to post it in their workplaces.
- This will be a powerful reminder to help employees, visitors and customers to learn more about their work-related driving rights and responsibilities.
View the Employer Toolkit to find useful road safety tools and resources such as:
- Road Safety Plan Template
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- How to Control Hazards