Creating a Culture of Safety
[embeddoc url=”http://safecarebc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Creating-a-Culture-of-Safety-June-2017-for-website.pptx” download=”all” viewer=”microsoft” height=”90%”]
- Learn more about the different dimensions of safety culture with the Safety Culture Framework.
- Practice applying the safety culture framework with care studies for long-term care or for home care.
- Measure your organization’s safety climate with the Institute of Health and Work’s Organizational Performance Metric tool. Take it online, or download and print a copy for your workplace.
Activity: The Impact of Safety Culture on Organizational Outcomes
What can we learn from this hospital in Roseville, California about a creating a culture of safety and continuous improvement in our own sector?
- What were the factors or components that allowed this change to happen?
- What questions were they asking to help facilitate the change? ( human systems grow in the direction of what they ask questions about”)
- What “pearl” of wisdom are you taking away from the video that you will apply in your own organization?