SafeCare BC in the Southern Interior
May 10, 2018 | News
If you work in the southern Interior, or have staff in the region, now is the time to sign up for some SafeCare BC education sessions that we are putting on in Kelowna.
This is your chance for some local training. Register today, as seats are limited.
Gentle Persuasive Approaches Basics (GPA) – May 29 (Kelowna)
Gentle Persuasive Approaches is case-based, interactive, and practical. It uses a person-centred, compassionate and gentle persuasive approach to respond respectfully and with confidence and skill to behaviors associated with dementia.
Safe Resident Handling – June 5-6 (Kelowna)
This two-day workshop includes both classroom and simulation components. The course seeks to provide comprehensive training on safe handling best-practices and coaching principles. Participants will have the knowledge and capacity to teach fellow colleagues in safe handling and musculoskeletal injury prevention.
Benefits of the Training:
- Conduct in-house training without having to pay for external trainers
- Create training programs that are customized to your organizational needs
- Develop a robust training program for new and existing employees
- Implement a comprehensive strategy for preventing musculoskeletal-related injuries
- Reduce the impact of musculoskeletal-related injuries,including costs associated with injury, re-training, and employee shortages
Peer Resource Network – Southern Interior Cohort
Are you a leader in a home care and community health support organization? We are recruiting for a southern Interior cohort of our Peer Resource Network , a non-judgmental forum that provides leadership teams with the opportunity to share and learn about occupational health and safety and return-to-work best-practices.
The Peer Resource Network is a joint initiative between SafeCare BC and WorkSafeBC. Interested? Find out more by contacting Mavis Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org